Monday, August 30, 2010

August 30, 2010

I've been a little lazy in the updates recently.... sorry!

so classes are OVER!!!!!!!!!! very sad...the Tuesday night ritual was getting habitual! ha that rhymes! Last week we had a "panel" of people that we will come into contact with in the foster/adoption process. it was awesome to hear what they had to say and experience a Family Support Team meeting. We were able to ask questions that pertained to the person that was there...such as a foster child now adult and hear her experiences, to an attorney that speaks from a legal perspective, to foster/adoptive parents and their thoughts on what journey is before us and from a staffing perspective on how children were placed. I could have listened to them for hours.

I have to admit...i am very sad the classes are over. It's like part of the experience is over and the support of fellow classmates is no longer. I have become close to 2 couples that were in the class with me...we still keep in touch thanks to facebook! they are amazing people!

Tonight I had my 2nd homestudy. it was mainly paperwork but moving the process forward. I have homestudy 3 on September 8, I will mover september 18 and then the final homestudy the week after i move. My licensing worker Tessa said that she hopes to have it all done by October 1....that means I will be on the "list" for available placements on October 1! DID I JUST SAY THAT OUTLOUD.........OH MY GOODNESS...THIS IS REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, with that said, I'm officially nervous and excited! Its going to happen and soon! Just think....who would have EVER thought this of me!!!!!!!!!!

Well...I'm going to fill out more paperwork.....more updates soon....KEEP THE PRAYERS COMING!!!!!!!!!!

love and thanksgiving to you all,
Alecia

No comments:

Post a Comment