Tuesday, July 20, 2010

July 20, 2010

Session 2 is OVER! One more to go........time is flying by!

Life is GOOD! I have discovered so many inner thoughts and strengths that I didn't know that I had within myself! I am truly blessed to be in this process...not only for the life or lives I am about to change to the way they are going to change mine!

Tonights class was on Discipline! Ya might say, well that's simple! Really it's not....you have to remember where these kids of come from and what trauma they have been thru! Physical discipline is NOT an option and coping mechanism probably won't work. The goal is to figure out what is causing the aggression, then work on solving it! It's hard to determine what will work on paper...got to wait to see what my child will be!

I also made a BIG decision about my journey...we are just changing it up a little! After a lot of prayer and talking with others in my class and Lutheran services connections, i have decided to work through the foster care placement services in conjunction with the ultimate goal of adoption. I never thought I could and would be able to become a foster parent, but through this class and working with others just like me, I have so much to give to a child(ren) for a short time or a long time, that I can be that positive influence in their life. Yes, it's not going to be easy and if you know me well enough, I will cry i am sure alot....but the tears won't be of sorry but of happiness that I can be that person that child looks back on and says "My foster mom Alecia was the most loving person and I will never forget her."

By making this decision, my home study process has just been bumped up to "top priority" because of the need for foster families in Greene county. PLUS...84% of foster placements turn into adoption placements! What an opportunity to think you are going to temporarily change a child's life and then be able to adopt them!

Lots of GOOD in my life! I am so blessed with an amazing and supportive family that I love with all my heart! Not to mention the countless friends that I am blessed to have as well! If you are lucky enough to be on my list, I love you forever!

-Love to all,
Alecia

No comments:

Post a Comment