Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Class #2 - June 15, 2010

Can you say OVERLOAD?!!!!???!!! Wow, who would have thought that this parenting thing was so mind consuming....*laughing with all you parents reading this*

Tonight's topic was on "Permenance" either through transition back to the birth-parents through a stay in the foster care system or being placed "legally free for adoption" and eventually finding that forever family (which is what I am working towards)

Big "ah-ha" moment of the night....DID YOU KNOW THAT IT'S A FELONY TO ABUSE AN ANIMAL AND NOT A FELONY TO ABUSE A CHILD!!!!!!!!!!! What a screwed up system! With that said, most child abusers are consumed with drugs or have other "felony" offenses that go along with the child abuse. But still, I was appauled at this!!!!!!!!!!! Just wrong.....

I stayed after class to speak with the social worker for a bit. As you may know I am the only "single" person in the class. The teachings are based on co-parent households, which I don't have. I talked with her about finding me a mentor to work with and she immediately said, "I have the perfect person for you". I am looking forward to speaking with this person to ask questions to and hopefully identify with as a "single" parent.

I wrote my 2nd letter to my awaiting child tonight! I know that may sound corny but I just have so many thoughts and feelings going through my head during these classes! If you know the entertainer/musician Michael Buble, his current single is "Haven't Met You Yet". Next time it's on the radio, listen carefully to the words.....One might think it's for the future love of your life, but I think he's singing directly to me about the child that awaits!!!! It's very thought provoking!

Well, my brain is fried....going to try to sleep now!

God has a plan....God knows what I can handle....God is in control!!!! He won't give me more than I can handle and I bet he already knows of a little soul out there somewhere that he is planning a forever family with ME!!! I can't wait!

Thanks for your support and prayers! Keep 'em coming :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment